On Saturday my boyfriend and I made cookies. He made the dough and did the baking, and I did most of the decorating. It was our first attempt at making icing using meringue powder, and it took several modifications (i.e. adding water) before we got it to the consistency that I could work with. It also took a lot more food coloring than we expected, so we settled for the pink and turquoise instead or red and green. (We later learned that there is concentrated icing color that is to be used to color icing.)
We only had three squeeze bottles, and four colors, so we tried putting the icing into a plastic bag and cutting off a corner. That works, but it didn’t give me as much control as I would have liked, which explains why the white icing appeared a bit clumpy.