Yesterday I attended a class in which I learned to make this bracelet.
I didn’t have time to finish the whole thing during the two-hour class, so I finished it at home. We were told that we needed about eight beads, and I had completed seven sections during the class. Since I have a small wrist, I only really needed to make five sections and the clasp to have the bracelet fit. The clasp that I used was one that I had made in a previous class in December, so all the metal parts were made by me.
I had a bit of a hard time doing the weave since sometimes I do things as a left handed person would, meaning that what I make is a mirror reflection of what most right handed persons would make, even though I’m using my right hand. (I started out a lefty but was forced to switch to writing with my right hand.) But I still managed to copy the instructor’s example.
One problem that I ran into was how my wire looked very scrunched around the beads. At least that was partially fixed by bending the ends backward and pushing the beads forward. I could have also made more layers if I had been using a thinner wire, such as 24 gauge or 26 gauge. At first I was thinking that I didn’t want to do this project again, but I might try it again with 24 gauge wire, and do some of the other variations on the outermost layer.